This offer is for a 1 Full Truck Driving Scholarship to the Boone County Truck Driving Academy. Tuition, taxes and fees are included.
The Boone County Truck Driving academy offers a five week program (200 class hours), Monday-Friday 8a-4p. The course includes up to seven days of classroom instruction, with the remainder of the course involving actual hands on training in the trucks.
Our students are trained in Safety, vehicle inspections, log books, rules and regulations, backing, and the safe operation of commercial motor vehicles.
The fee is all inclusive and includes an Apple Ipad which is the students to keep upon completion of the class, the student's D.O.T Physical, learners permit, all classroom materials, all endorsements, the costs of the state examiner that will test the students and the cost of their CDL license itself.
Tuition also includes the passenger and school bus endorsements, an option not offered at most truck driving schools. We also assist students with job placement to start them off right in the careers.
STUDENTS MUST BE 21 OR OLDER TO DRIVE COMMERCIAL MOTOR VEHICLE (CMV) OVER THE ROAD (STATE-TO-STATE), AND 18 TO DRIVE IN STATE)
Students must have:
- A Valid Drivers License
- A Copy of their driving record from the DMV
- Must have had their drivers license for a minimum of 2 yrs.
- No DUI's
- No Reckless driving convictions in the past 3 years
- MUST be able to pass a DOT physical examination
- No more than 6 points on driving record
- No outstanding tickets in any state
- Federal rules state a person who is a diabetic is eligible for a CDL if it is controlled by diet or pills
- FELONS: No felony convictions with a motor vehicle - other types of felonies should be over 5-years old for most companies to hire you. Although we can place most felons, some types of crimes are harder than others and for this reason we requird a letter or pre-hire before we can accept anyone who has been convicted of any secual related crimes.